Serves 4 (or 3 larger portions)
(c) 2006 Jay Davé | www.jaydave.com
- 6 tablespoons dried savoury soya mince
- 125g Penne Pasta
- Medium Sized Red Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Medium sized Carrot chopped into small chunks
- 1 Medium sized Red Pepper chopped into small chunks
- 7 Broccoli florets, cut so florets are small but intact
- Two handfuls of baby spinach leaves (more if preffered)
- One handful fresh Rocket (more if preffered)
- Soya Sauce or Tamari
- Teriyaki sauce
- Salt to taste
- 3 tblsp Veg Oil
- 1 tsp Brown/Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 heaped teaspoons vegetarian or vegan basil pesto
- 1. Boil the Pasta and soya mince together until pasta is al-dente - drain and set aside.
- 2. Heat work on high, add Oil, add mustard Seeds, wait until they pop then add Cumin seeds. Immediately add Red Onion, Carrots, Red Pepper and stir for about 30 seconds.
- 3. Add Broccoli and a good few dashes of soya sauce and stir by lifting contents with utensil for a further 1 minute. Add the baby Spinach, pasta and soya mince, basil pesto, few dashes of teriyaki sauce and salt then stir for about 30 seconds to ensure pesto is mixed in.
- 4. Add the rocket and mix in.
- 5. Ready to Serve !
- Sprinkle in a few pine nuts or broken cashew nuts
- Top with some fresh chopped corriander
- Cut a few baby plum tomatoes and serve on the side
- Have a dollop of soya yogurt mixed with a little paprika, corriander & cumin powder